Thursday, September 4, 2014

Introduction

       Hi, my name is Lucas Collins. Welcome to my English 1080 blog website. I am from a small town called Hare Bay, here in Newfoundland and Labrador. I came from a small rural community where everyone pretty much knew each other. Growing up I only had a small class consisting of only nine classmates. Once I got to high school, I went to a different school where five communities came together to form a little school of just over 90 students. Coming to Mun is a big change for me. Having classes in different buildings and having so many people in my class.
     
      Some of my interest are playing sports like badminton, table tennis and volleyball. I also like to socialize with my friends and go for walks and  just hang out. I love the winter time when I can go on ski-doo rides with my friends. One of my hobbies include fishing, I love when me and my family go out the bay cod fishing. I love the scenery of the bay and seeing all the humpback whales out swimming around the boat. Living in a rural community I found there was way more freedom out in my hometown than here in St.John's, although there's more to do in here.
   
     As of right now I'm attending Memorial University and doing general studies. I still haven't completely decided what I want to do, I'm leaning towards Education. I wouldn't mind becoming a math teacher, I really enjoy math classes and teaching others math. My second choice I'm debating on is doing business and becoming an accountant. I really think i'm going to like going to this university here in St.john's and meeting so many new people.

     This was a little introduction about myself. Overall I'm an easy going person and basically your normal teenage person who is here to work to get what I want in life and hopefully become a math teacher one of these days. If you see me around don't be afraid to say hi. I hope you all enjoy your time here at university and the best of luck to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment