Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Week 4: Review On The PlayStation Four


     The PlayStation four, of course is the newest console that Sony had produced. The console for sure is not a device that’s having trouble finding homes. One minute and thirty seconds is how long it takes for the device to start up and get pass the sign in screen and into your game. The PlayStation four lengths are smaller in comparison to the PlayStation three. The PlayStation four is smaller of the two next-gen consoles, which is a good thing in my opinion. The majority of the outer case of the system is black plastic. When viewed looking down on the console, the top left of the console is made of reflective plastic just like the original PlayStation three. Between the black plastic and the reflective plastic is touch sensitive power button and eject buttons on the front of the console.

     So far, the PlayStation four is everything I had hoped it would have been, minus a couple things. The UI is very easy to control and navigate. Switching from an app to playing a game is such a breeze. Everything is much faster on the PlayStation four than the PlayStation three. It installs large games incredibly fast, and while you're downloading a game, you can play another game while waiting. Another thing I should mention is that I've yet to have a glitch with my system, which is quite amazing compared to my glitches that occurred on previous consoles I owned.  Lastly, the main thing that stands out to me the most about the PlayStation four is the controller. The controller is very comfortable and a huge improvement over the controller of PlayStation three . When I first heard the touchpad and built-in speaker were going to be added to it, I didn’t think much of it. But it turned out I love the controller of the console especially the touchpad.

  
    I must admit there are a couple things I was a bit disappointed in when I bought the console. I dislike the fact that my friends on my PlayStation three can’t see that I’m online on my PlayStation four. Also I’m one of those people who can spend hours on YouTube and unfortunately there is no YouTube app on the console.  As much as I love the UI bar it would be nice to have the option for maps and have the option to hide things. I'll probably never use TV, Music or whatever, so why not give me the option to hide it? I would be able to shorten the bar and it wouldn't be in the way for me.

    All in all, the PlayStation four is quite unique and much better developed new generation console. In the tech world a phone would only last ten months before the newest dream device is release leaving the other phone in the dust. But that’s not the case when dealing with consoles, they have to last for years. Which in my opinion Sony has achieved. At this point of time I believe PlayStation four is the best new generation console out. I guess we’ll just have to wait a couple years to see what company will come out with a better device topping the PlayStation four.

No comments:

Post a Comment